JOB TITLE; Intern Assistant Performance Analyst
REPORTS; Lead Performance Analyst
TYPE; UNPAID – Volunteer
DURATION; Expected start date week of beginning January 3rd until 25th June, onboarding between the 13-17th December
Old Glory DC is inviting applications for the Intern Assistant Performance Analyst position for the 2021 Major League Rugby (MLR) Season.
This is a unique opportunity for a highly motivated individual, looking to start or progress a career within High Performance Sport to further their understanding and application of the skills required within a team sport environment.
The nature of the role involves a commitment to the rugby calendar involving early morning, evening, weekend and holidays.
Reporting to the Lead Performance Analyst, the role holder will gain significant applied experience in assisting in the delivery of applied sport science, analytics and strength and conditioning to support the coaching processes implemented with Old Glory DC Rugby.
The successful candidate will gain valuable experience operating within high performance environments, as part of this being responsible for their input in creating a positive environment for growth and maximizing outcomes. Through the opportunity the Assistant Performance Analyst will gain a greater level of understanding around holistic high performance sport support as part of their career development in the areas including but not limited to;
- Development of underpinning skill and knowledge base pertaining to analytics within high performance sport
- Gain experience implementing analysis processes, data interpretation and statistical reporting.
- Experience coding training and matches.
- Contribute to the build and management of performance testing and monitoring databases
- External networking opportunities with Elite level performance analysis within Rugby.
The Intern Assistant Performance Analyst is primarily responsible for cooperatively delivering a broad scope of performance analysis and sport science services as part of the wider Old Glory DC objectives including but not limited to the following;
- Facilitate the set up and delivery of equipment required for training or games
- Assist with data entry and coding
- Assist Lead Analyst with implementation of video analysis set up and review of GPS and/or Video
- Work with Head Strength and Conditioning Coach and Lead Analyst to review and interpret monitoring information.
- Upkeep of filming and video capture equipment
- Updating online video database platform
- Deliver on tasks as directed by the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach and Lead Analyst where required
- Ability to operate independently on given tasks
- Open minded and adaptable
- Ability to work back from sport performance to identify program demands
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Operate to a high level of self accountability and reliability when faced with strict time lines
- A strong work ethic and ‘team first’ approach
- Progressive thinker with a mindset orientated towards continual self and team growth
- Undergraduate degree in a technical discipline such as Exercise Science, Data Science, Analytics or Statistics or within a STEM discipline with personal experience within Sport.
- Current First Aid, CPR and AED certification
- Excellent computer literacy skills including Microsoft Office and Google Drive Products
- Prior experience within Team sports and/or Youth Development
- Legally entitled to reside in the USA for the duration of the internship period.
- Experience capturing Live Sport
- Experience utilizing applied technologies and software including but not limited to Sportscode, Catapult and Hudl
- Exposure to and understanding of applied technologies within High Performance Sport
Operational; Reports to Lead Performance Analyst
Working; Lead Performance Analyst, Head Strength and Conditioning Coach, Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach, Old Glory DC Coaching and Rugby Operations staff
If you wish to apply, please send a copy of your resume, contact details for 3 professional references and brief covering letter of no more than one page outlining how you match the qualities required for the role to:
Lead Performance Analyst
Head Strength and Conditioning Coach
Applications will be accepted until 5pm 12th of November. Applicants selected for interview will be contacted by the 17th of November with Interviews anticipated between the 19th and 24th of November.