Enjoy an afternoon of socializing with old friends, teammates, and new acquaintances from throughout the world of rugby, the day before the US Men’s Eagles host the New Zealand All Blacks at FedExField.
Here is the official itinerary for the Lost Afternoon Luncheon:
Friday, October 22nd
Reception: 11:00 am – 12:00 pm
Lunch: 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
Program: 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm onward
As with past Lost Afternoon Luncheons, there’ll be a stellar group of speakers. This year’s lineup includes:
- US Eagles Men’s National Team head coach Gary Gold
- Major League Rugby Commissioner George Killebrew
- Former United States Eagles captain Blaine Scully
- Director of the North America Youth Rugby Referee Program Ken Fraine
- Former Old Glory DC and Rugby World Cup Champion South African Springbok, Tendai “Beast” Mtawarira.
Why is it called the Lost Afternoon Luncheon? It’s called the “Lost Afternoon” for obvious reasons: once you get together with new and old mates in such an atmosphere, the typical 90-minute luncheon can turn into three hours – or more – so you might as well stick around and fully enjoy the experience! The extended time also allows attendees to hear from multiple speakers and still have plenty of time to network. It’s not unusual for guests to even book rooms or suites in the host hotel to continue well into the evening, especially those traveling from out-of-town.
One of the Lost Afternoon Luncheon traditions is the raffle and silent auctions of some great autographed rugby and baseball memorabilia. This year is no exception. Among the items being raffled off are:
- USA replica jerseys autographed by: the Eagles team to face the All Blacks; the men’s and women’s US Olympic teams; and current and past US players.
- New Zealand All Blacks replica jerseys autographed by many of the current All Blacks on this tour and past All Blacks including, Ma’a Nonu, Kieran Read, Richie McCaw, 2002 All Blacks Team, and the 2005 All Blacks Grand Slam Team.
- Baseballs autographed by some of Major League Baseball’s biggest stars, including Clayton Kershaw, Miguel Cabrera, Kris Bryant, Buster Posey, and Fernando Tatis, Jr.
- In addition, a custom-made jersey signed by all of the victorious Rugby World Cup-winning captains will be on the auction block.
Help spread the word by telling your friends and teammates that the Lost Afternoon Luncheon is the place to be on Test Match Weekend!