Sports Management Internship
JOB TITLE: Sports Management Intern
REPORTS: Marketing Manager, Sales Manager, and Commercial Manager
DURATION: From expected start date of week beginning March 1st until July 31st
Old Glory DC is seeking a Sports Management Intern for the 2021 Season. This is a unique opportunity for a highly motivated individual, looking to start or progress a career within Sports Business to further their understanding and application of the skills required within a team sport environment.
The nature of the role involves a commitment to the rugby calendar involving early morning, evening, weekend and holidays.
This individual will work with the front office, including the Marketing Manager, Sales Manager, and Commercial Manager, to assist with day-to-day activities. We are searching for the right person who is passionate about rugby and preferably experienced with working within the sports industry. We are looking for someone to take the initiative and help build awareness and produce quality content that will engage our fans. The successful candidate will gain valuable experience operating within sports business, as part of this opportunity the role holder will be being responsible for their part in creating a positive environment for growth and maximizing outcomes.
The Sport Management Intern is primarily responsible for cooperatively delivering a broad scope of business activities as part of the wider Old Glory DC objectives including but not limited to the following;
- Assist in day-to-day marketing and commercial operations, including creating engaging digital content for our fans & prospecting potential sponsorships,
- Assisting in maintaining marketing relationships with current/prospective partners
- Staying up-to-date on marketing & social media trends and proposing club usage
- Maintain and archive digital assets including club videos, photos, gifs, etc.
- Assisting with gameday set-up and breakdown
- Assisting with curating, scheduling, and posting content on gamedays
- Some administrative work
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Ability to operate independently on given tasks
- Open minded and adaptable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Operate to a high level of self accountability and reliability when faced with strict time lines
- A strong work ethic and ‘team first’ approach
- Progressive thinker with a mindset orientated towards continual self and team growth
- Available to work 20-30 hours per week
- Current or recent undergraduate or graduate student preferred
- Ability to work ALL Old Glory DC home games during the internship
- Excellent computer literacy skills including Microsoft Office and Google Drive Products
- Legally entitled to reside in the USA for the duration of the internship period.
If you wish to apply, please send a copy of your resume, contact details for 3 professional references and brief covering letter of no more than one page outlining how you match the qualities required for the role to:
Applications will be accepted until February 10th at 5 PM.